Thumbs Up Ourense (and screw Frank)

Ourense is the last big city before reaching Santiago.  I got to spend a few nights there as I finished my recuperation waiting for Frank to catch up, which he did yesterday.  It’s a nice, scenic city, separated by a river (so lots of different bridges) with a nice old, medieval center.  It’s also set dramatically in a valley with lots of green hills surrounding it.  We are definitely in northern Spain:  specifically Galicia, very green.

I started walking again today and it went well - very scenic terrain.  I was about an hour behind Frank and once he confirmed the designated destination of the day, Cea, was a hostel-only situation - as in a room full of bunk beds (referred to as alburgues in Spain), I made the on-the-spot, controversial decision to stay about two miles shy in a nice, hotel with a nice private room and bath.  It had to be done.


(Frank - The thing that hurt the most was the cruel, cold text. Never mind that I had already stopped, showered and washed my clothes when Vic texted me that he had made alternative arrangements. As I wait here having just put in the shortest day thus far, I started to think about loyalty and friendship. Still, as long as Vic got his bath I suppose that is the most important thing. (Does anyone else think that these pics below bare a remarkable resemblance to Vic?)








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book of the Trip

At last, no more pain!