More injuries - Should he be put down?
Well, after walking another full day and a partial morning the next day following the last blog entry, I, Vic, had to wave the flag of defeat again. The lower leg pain just became too much as I hobbled into the village of Olleros de Tera. Although I’m not positive what exactly is the problem, the two most likely suspects are a shin splint or tendinitis. (Frank - could be both, the lad is crippled, ah well, that’s the way it goes sometimes, fair play for walking yesterday, it wasn’t a pretty sight)
Yesterday, Frank spotted another medical clinic along our way, so I went in again using Frank’s EU medical card and got another shot in the bum to help with the pain and inflammation. Now, it’s clear I need to supplement that with a few days of rest and periodically ice it. It’s quite disappointing but I am hoping to salvage the final week going into Santiago.
I’m waiting now for Frank to arrive into today’s destination, Mombuey, and then tomorrow, I’ll take a taxi and plan to spend a few days in what looks like a nice spot called Puebla de Sanabria before re-joining Frank somewhere. At least that’s the plan for now.


Yesterday, Frank spotted another medical clinic along our way, so I went in again using Frank’s EU medical card and got another shot in the bum to help with the pain and inflammation. Now, it’s clear I need to supplement that with a few days of rest and periodically ice it. It’s quite disappointing but I am hoping to salvage the final week going into Santiago.
I’m waiting now for Frank to arrive into today’s destination, Mombuey, and then tomorrow, I’ll take a taxi and plan to spend a few days in what looks like a nice spot called Puebla de Sanabria before re-joining Frank somewhere. At least that’s the plan for now.
(Frank - All the above is just code for Vic is still shacked up with that South Korean broad. And any fool can photoshop himself into a photo so not sure what the photo belove proves, nor why he wanted the photo of me in there also, sigh)
Comments
Post a Comment