In Vic Veritas

It would be remiss of me not to mention Vic’s injury situation. You’d have to say he was unlucky. He makes a comeback on the Torrijos stage and it’s mostly hard road walking with no respite. I get slightly injured and the next day I’m walking on grass. It’s better to be lucky than good I guess. 

That said, Vic has slightly gone crazy out here. Firstly, there was the beautiful Veronique from Lyon at Hotel Juanita in La Roda. Then there was the Italian mother daughter combo at El Toboso while I’m staying in the convent there praying for the masses. It’s not for me to comment on a fella’s personal proclivities but he definitely could have done with more sleep. 

And then there is the vino. Look, the wine is good here but Vic seems to be enjoying it a little bit too much, if you get my drift. The last few days, for example, I’ve dragged myself into town, drenched in sweat, suffering for the mob, and inevitable there’s Vic, looking resplendent with an ensalada mixte and a refreshing copa in front of him. And he usually asks that I not sit with him because of my socks. Plus he’ll usually kop me with the bar bill citing an urgent visit to the local medical center, where, by the way, he is impersonating me to get free drugs. I’d be the last guy to grass someone out mind, but really he is having to good a time for my liking. Lots of selfies and the like, you know the type. Anyway, I suppose there are many ways to Santiago.....


Comments

  1. He was always partial to a Veronique - queue flashback to mid 1990's.....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Book of the Trip

At last, no more pain!