Week 1 - Update from Vic
Well, week 1 (of 6) is behind us and today we also completed the first day of the second week. Make no mistake, this is hard. Really hard.
Feet and legs are sore all the time. We’ve both had to deal with blisters and my left knee has been acting up a bit. The weather has certainly not helped matters. We are going through a multiple day spell of unsettled weather: cold, windy and rainy. Having said that, we’ve been lucky the last two days in missing the worst of the rain while walking and today, I finally saw some blue sky peaking through - a very welcome sight.
Today we also split up and took different ways to reach our destination. Frank took the proper path, but I opted for the alternate way by roads. I just couldn’t deal with the mud. I needed to try and have a mud-free day, which I was successful in. Amazingly, after walking separately for about six miles, as we approached the destination, our separate paths converged and we met up within seconds of each other. What are the odds?
Anyway, I look forward to week 2 - hoping our bodies cooperate and better weather around the corner.



Feet and legs are sore all the time. We’ve both had to deal with blisters and my left knee has been acting up a bit. The weather has certainly not helped matters. We are going through a multiple day spell of unsettled weather: cold, windy and rainy. Having said that, we’ve been lucky the last two days in missing the worst of the rain while walking and today, I finally saw some blue sky peaking through - a very welcome sight.
Today we also split up and took different ways to reach our destination. Frank took the proper path, but I opted for the alternate way by roads. I just couldn’t deal with the mud. I needed to try and have a mud-free day, which I was successful in. Amazingly, after walking separately for about six miles, as we approached the destination, our separate paths converged and we met up within seconds of each other. What are the odds?
Anyway, I look forward to week 2 - hoping our bodies cooperate and better weather around the corner.
Comments
Post a Comment