Rain, Rain, Go Away!

You may recall Gene Kelly singing, dancing and having a grand, old time while “Singing in the Rain” - well, that was the opposite of our rain experience today.  We had to walk around 17 miles today as it literally rained non-stop.  Today also happened to be one of those stretches with no town or village along the way to make a pit stop (for coffee or lunch or just a small break from the rain), so it was a grueling, non-stop 5.5 hour slog.  As Frank mentioned, a driver took pity on us the last mile or so as we finally approached the town and dropped us off at our hotel for the night.  Thank heavens for small mercies. (Frank - I was fine myself) 

I was also reminded (from prior hiking trips) of how much I truly hate an unfortunate byproduct of rain:  mud.  Hiking through slippery, squishy mud is seriously not pleasant.  Nor is walking in wet shoes and socks. (Frank - I don’t recall any mud) 

With several more days of full rain in the forecast, we have some thinking to do.  Keep going or pause for a day or two until the worst is over? 






Sent from my iPhone

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book of the Trip

At last, no more pain!